One of our readers Tathagat posted this question below asking about Difference Between Ipod Touch 4 and Iphone 4 . I would be explaining the answers with exact details and appropriate links .
Question : I am from India, ipod touch16gb is available at Rs 15000 INR [$330] here .
- Can ipod touch 4 do anything what an iPhone 4 can do except making calls .
- Is there a sim card slot in ipod touch 4 ? If there is no sim card slot how are you supposed to use apps which require internet ?
- They say we have to use wi-fi to use such apps , then what is wi-fi and how can we to use it to run internet without sim in the ipod ?
- Lastly is there any method I can use ipod as full-blown iPhone and will it work in India ?
Thanks for your time , Tathagat .
- Ipod Touch 4 can do everything else making Calls and SMS . It can make Facetime calls to other ipod touch 4 and iPhone 4 .
- You don’t have a SIM Card slot on an ipod touch 4 , that is what makes it an iPod. You can connect to a WiFi Network to access internet and download Ipod Touch 4 Apps from iTunes.
- Wi-Fi is the popular term for a high-frequency wireless local area network (WLAN) technology . If you have broadband at your home and a wireless modem , it supports WiFi . You can configure your iPod Touch 4 to access WiFi from that connection . [Read : How-to Setup WiFi in your Home]
- There are some ipod touch 4 accessories that turn your ipod touch 4 to an iPhone 4 and brings calling feature by allowing to add SIM Card. [Read : Ipod Touch 4 Peel - Convert Ipod To Iphone 4]
Please let me know if you want further assistance in clearing your doubts . I hope this post will answer pretty much all the basic doubts of first time ipod touch 4 users. Dont forget to Join us on Facebook for the latest Ipod Touch 4 Apps and Games.